Sunday, February 26, 2017

Trump ducks press dinner


WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump, who has been criticizing the news media and is famously thin-skinned, says he won't be attending the White House Correspondents' Association dinner - sparing himself the dubious honor of being an in-the-house target of jokes.
The annual fundraiser for college scholarships and venue for reporting awards mixes politicians, journalists and celebrities and is typically attended by the president and first lady. Remarks by a comedian, often roasting the president, and a humorous address by the president himself, often roasting the press and political opponents, have highlighted the event, which C-SPAN has carried live.
Can a man who can't laugh at himself be called a man? To me, this single evasion tells more about Donald Trump than many of the other public criticisms combined.

3 comments:

  1. Not being able to laugh at himself is simply symptomic of Trump's particular personality disorder. As is his desire to gaslight everyone in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a President. I am not a Dictator. I am not an Emperor. I am not a Prime Minister. I am not a Fuhrer. I am not a God. I am not a Buddha. I am not an Allah. I am not a Bhagavan (that includes all the formless devas in heavenly planes of existences). I am not a King vis a vis a Universal Monarch. I am not a Creator of the Universe!

    Goodness, I have gotten full marks in my Ph.D on Buddhist Studies!

    ReplyDelete