Tuesday, February 14, 2017

talkin' slick 'n' with-it

It's just so fucking cozy and infra dig -- the latterday implementation of the word "so" to lead off an answer to any question. It is very popular these days. "What time is it?" "So ... it's 2:35." "When did the volcano erupt?" "So, I was playing video games when...."

I realize these fads come and go with women's hooker-fashion shoes or men's fruit-tight suits, but with each reuse I feel I am sinking lower and lower ... further and further behind in some third-grade quick sand.

So what makes me imagine I'd made it to the third grade ...?

3 comments:

  1. Worked with an English Literal doctoral student who would start every statement and question with "So...."

    Last I heard she got her PhD and was teaching.

    Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops!

    S/B "Literature" and not "Literal" in first sentence above.

    ReplyDelete