Thursday, February 16, 2017

no immigrants


Activists are calling on immigrants to protest President Donald Trump's tough stance on immigration by staying home from work or school on Thursday, not shopping and not eating out, in an effort to highlight the vital role they play in U.S. society.
"A Day Without Immigrants," which has been largely driven by word of mouth on social media, arose in response to Trump's vows to crack down on illegal immigration and his executive order, since suspended by a federal judge, to temporarily block entry to people from seven Muslim-majority countries.

2 comments:

  1. We are having a reserved Presidential Election in Singapore this year. While the reservation is mainly tailored in favour of electing a Malay candidate, this is synonymous with elected a Muslim President. I agree with this bold, drastic and constitutional arrangement and I have no comments about the ongoing activism against President Trump's first weeks in office. I however, am glad that Hillary Clinton did not win, and am even more delighted if the country that governs me offer a good Sunni Muslim candidate as my prospective president. Note that I (intend and am bent on) reserve(ing) my right not to vote a Shia Muslim as my President of Singapore if one somehow or rather becomes conspicuously chosen as a candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damned immigrants...
    https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/show_picture.pl?l=english&rais=1&oiu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gballard.net%2Fphotoshop%2Fphotoshop_images%2FHomeland_Security.jpg&sp=0a4840190e9166f4722e8ef4bb6e3dd7

    ReplyDelete