Monday, August 15, 2016

interview with a Joseph Goebbels secretary

Brunhilde Pomsel
Pomsel is giving one of the first, and last, in-depth interviews of her life; at the age of 105, and having lost her sight last year, she says she is relieved that her days are numbered. “In the little time that’s left to me – and I hope it will be months rather than years – I just cling to the hope that the world doesn’t turn upside down again as it did then, though there have been some ghastly developments, haven’t there? I’m relieved I never had any children that I have to worry about.”
So what is the motivation for effectively breaking her silence only now, as probably the last living survivor from the Nazi leadership’s inner circle?
“It is absolutely not about clearing my conscience,” she says.

1 comment:

  1. Of course it's not about, "clearing my conscience." She never had one to start with. The idea that she was an uninformed typist in a Nazi office is mere bullshit for the rest of us who survived World War II. But who knows? Maybe her luck will hold and they'll need a typist in Hell. Bleh~~~~~

    ReplyDelete