Monday, June 6, 2016

how do you spell "home?"

I suppose there are all sorts of way to spell "home." Home is where things rest easy, where there is relief, where constructs are set aside and where, were the world to evaporate, still it would be a good place to be.

Home as the place that succeeded any given work day has always begun with the act of taking my shoes off. It's not because I am some ersatz Japanese person. It is just my preferred way to exist: Barefoot. Barefoot says it all, being both the introduction and the crescendo of some small symphony. It is inclusive without being restrictive.

No doubt others measure their ahhh's differently. I wonder, for example, how a (wo)man without shoes finds a similar, home-y relief.

1 comment:

  1. I think that home is where i feel most comfortable to face death, fewer distractions.

    ReplyDelete