Wednesday, June 3, 2015

donations for a track team


Here in Northampton, my son is a track coach (far left, back row) who is currently beating the financial bushes for his high school athletes who hope to compete in a national high school meet. I'll let him pitch the need, but if anyone can lend a financial hand (http://www.gofundme.com/vget4k) it would be sincerely appreciated. 
Hi! My name is Angus Fisher and I am one of the coaches of the track club Hamp XCTF. This season I have been lucky enough to coach some of the best athletes to ever come through Northampton! These guys and gals are some of the hardest working athletes I know and a good number of them have qualified for the New Balance Outdoor Nationals in Greensboro, NC.
We have qualified (on both boys and the girls teams) in both the 800 and 1600 Sprint Medley relay. In addition to this, we are also very close to sending a team in the Distance Medley Relay as well.
With all the entry fees and costs however, this is going to be an expensive trip. Sadly, because the meet is outside of the sanctioned season, we cannot ask for funding from our school and this is why I'm asking for your help.
Money will be used to cover lodging, transportation, gas, food, and of course, meet entries. Though I haven't been a coach long, I know that we have a group of the most hardworking, committed, and talented athletes in the area, and these athletes deserve to run on the highest stage. With your contribution, their dream will become an reality.
Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm struck by the picture, how he takes after his father.

    ReplyDelete