Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"no trespassing" invitation


Passed along in email today was this blog post about a fellow sitting at his computer when a uniformed state police officer entered his home without knocking and grilled him, allegedly because the writer had a "no trespassing" sign outside.

I dislike generalizations about police malfeasance about as much as I dislike generalizations about citizen malfeasance, but my first reaction to the piece was sadness that I was not more surprised.

It is one thing to have a somewhat jaundiced view of the drift towards a militarism/dictatorship founded in fear and quite another to run into concrete examples.

Hope is a commodity that is really worth scrutinizing. Knee-jerk hope is as painful as knee-jerk skepticism.

Without snarkiness, hope may be real, but is it true?

Well, thank goodness France can spend 425 euros in a time of economic hardship to create 2,680 new 'anti-terrorism' jobs.

1 comment:

  1. From the bloggers page..."No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up." --Lily Tomlin

    ReplyDelete