Friday, December 5, 2014

drugs

The last time I checked, and I've got to check these days, today is Friday, a mere five days since I had a hospital operation that involved a lot of drugs -- drugs that have really messed with my circuitry.

This morning, for example, I woke up after the sun rose -- something I haven't done in YEARS. I dreamed long and specific and not terribly interesting dreams that were teeming with people ... and almost no intellectual or emotional focal point. And earlier in the week, I there was a period where I would wake from a nap and, for a short while, find myself somehow upside down... gravity was up somehow and it was weird. I can read a paragraph in a book fine ... but then need to read it three or four more times to understand it.

My wife assures me that it is the hospital drugs wearing off and I sure as hell hope it is.

I am more accustomed to my other version of crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I count my age in dog years and consider myself ahead of the curve on the medical intervention and care of aging relative to yourself. I can only assure you that the dreaming and sleeping and uncertainty of focus is just something you get used to. I see it as practice. When the hallway does a loop de loop, you have to pay attention to walk it. Try to enjoy it, and don't cling to your youth. lol

    ReplyDelete