Friday, June 20, 2014

"The Power of Nightmares"

For those with a bit of seriousness and a bit of patience, I just watched the first segment of a three-part BBC series entitled "The Power of Nightmares." It depicts the rise and institutionalization of a fear-based lifestyle both in the U.S. and in the Middle East and was passed along in email.

Be forewarned: It is carefully-wrought and parses the lies-become-truth insistence of both those with a wider vision of 'goodness' and a wider vision of 'evil.'

It is not for the mentally squeamish ... of whom I am one: I only managed to watch one segment. "Dispiriting" is to understate my reaction by quite a lot.

 PS. OK, I surrendered and watched the other two parts. Well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on viewing the whole of it. Being long since a cynic/dispirited, i think i can get through it and it is fascinating history. And as well i'm passing it on along with the letter to Messrs. Bush and Chenney.

    ReplyDelete