Sunday, October 13, 2013

touching things

By the rising sun's position over houses across the street, I can see that winter is coming, though the day itself is gently crisp and clear and bright. White cruelties are a thing of the future... but not yet.

Two energetic fellows are coming to sit in the zendo this morning, which means I have to get out and clean and try unsuccessfully to find a way to tell them "no." At the moment, I cannot say no to anyone making an effort to straighten out his or her life... or anyway straighten it out in ways that I too have tried and found useful. At the moment, it is still too touching and what is touching wrestles with the energy it requires ... cleaning the zendo, corrections, discussions, and formats among other things.

Over time, I imagine even touching things run their course.

No comments:

Post a Comment