Friday, September 13, 2013

and who pays the price? one guess

Five years on from the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers, the debate over how to hold senior bank bosses to account for failures is far from over, but legal sanctions for top executives remain a largely remote threat....
In the United States, home to Lehman Brothers, no top executives at large Wall Street or commercial banks have been convicted of criminal charges relating to the 2008 crisis.
Former U.S. President Harry S. Truman had a plaque on his desk that read, "The buck stops here." Banks and other institutions that own the U.S. government all seem to have acquired plaques reading, "The buck stops there."

Sometimes I wish I were a banker, but if I were, I'm not sure I would have the nerve to look in the bathroom mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment