Wednesday, October 17, 2012

politics

.
Last night, American President Barack Obama and his presidential challenger, Mitt Romney, squared off in their second "debate."

I don't know if anyone feels the same, but all I can think is, "Ask me if I give a shit."

The political to-and-fro has been going on and on and on and on and on and on ... and at no point have either the candidates or the complicit, gotta-talk-about-something media reached down into the substance of a variety of issues ... the banking industry, the wars that bleed the country of both its young people and its treasure, the dis-ease and often panic felt by a middle class being stripped of its productiveness and protections, a Middle East bursting with bloodshed and more complex than Rubik's Cube ...

I'm so tuckered out listening to obscenely-financed men nipping at each other like a couple of catty debutantes that I don't even give a shit that I don't give a shit. All I can think is that the presidential election is 20 days away and it can't come too soon. It's like having a toothache that you can whine about for as long as you like and finally get down to cases: Just pull the damned thing out; just elect one guy or the other and shut the fuck up.

Imagine if all that campaign money had been used to feed the hungry or succor the infirm or even just repave a road....

Ob-scene!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment