Saturday, August 25, 2012

a guru with perks

.
A Norwegian art gallery that hoped to save a little money sent a Rembrandt etching by regular, uninsured mail. The etching is worth more than $10,000. Now the etching is lost and the gallery has egg on its face.

For some reason, this bit of news reminds me of a time when I was sitting with a bunch of fellow Zen students in a greasy spoon and we were all playing what-do-I-want-to-be-when-I-grow-up. There were some heart-felt wishes expressed, many of them spiritual in nature, until it came to a then-45-ish woman named Nora who hit the nail on the head and makes me laugh to this day:

"When I grow up," Nora announced, "I want to be a rich ... sexy ... saint!"

An easier, cheaper route that is bound to backfire:

A guru with perks.

I love people who tell the truth and make me laugh.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment