Monday, February 20, 2012

"if you want something done right..."

.
"If you want something done right, do it yourself."

It's a good ol' saying, fraught with truth. It is true, right up to the moment when anyone actually does it, because at that point, as experience will show, it's not always possible to do it right. It is human nature to screw the pooch.

But if I do something wrong, there is the opportunity, with luck, to correct it.

When someone else does something wrong, I have no recourse. I can learn from my mistakes, but I have less opportunity to learn from someone else's.

Therefore, as far as I can see, it's a good ol' saying and one worth following: "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

Alternatively, of course, I could surrender the notions of right and wrong.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment