Friday, October 21, 2011

stop, look and listen

.
I had just pulled out of Walmart this morning and was waiting in line at a nearby red light. The radio was belting out some operatic tenor -- a brisk and peppy tune in Italian. I listened idly while keeping an eye on the large white truck that was ahead of me in line.

Equally idly, I looked for a moment in the rear view mirror. Behind me sat a narrow-faced guy wearing sun glasses. He seemed at first to be talking to himself. But all of a sudden it hit me -- he was singing with gusto the very same music I was listening to on the radio... in Italian, opera, lively as a Mexican jumping bean. Unheard, but heard ... simultaneously.

I got so entranced by the serendipity of it all that I damn near missed the green light.

What a nice little present.
.

1 comment:

  1. A little seren dip is a fine way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete