Monday, February 7, 2011

complaining

.
In the wake of yesterday's micro-thaw, the roads and driveways are icy and slick. There is an 80% chance of snow tomorrow, according to the forecast, but at least it is not snowing today. The whiteness is stacked up to porch railings on our street and I can envision a flooded basement once the stuff starts to thaw in earnest. So ... if I'm not complaining about the snow, I can look forward to complaining about the thaw. After which I will segue into complaining about the heat. My repository of complaints seems to be endless.


Imagine all the free time I'd have if I weren't complaining. Complaining, worrying ... and reassuring myself that my place in the universe had meaning and importance.

What would I do with all that free time?

Perhaps I would enjoy myself. :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment