Sunday, July 11, 2010

no screwing around

.
This morning, when I might have been doing zazen, it crossed my mind.

Forty years ago when I got interested in spiritual endeavor, the one question I really wanted an answer to was, "Is it (spiritual life) bullshit or not?" I didn't want to know in order to convince or convert anyone else. I just wanted to know to my own satisfaction ... bullshit or not?

No screwing around! No intellectual or emotional concertos. Really -- no screwing around!

And this morning, the thought floated up, comfortable as a quilt in winter ... zazen never let me down.
.

4 comments:

  1. Hasn't done a thing for me except make me painfully aware of my neuroses but I suppose that's something in it's self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "zazen never let me down"

    Ditto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zazen, relief and reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...never let me down either. Whether showing me my weaknesses or showing me the beautiful of it all--It has been impartial.

    ReplyDelete